We´re pleased to welcome you to El Peñón de Temascaltepec!
Either if this is your first time here or you are visiting us again as one of our annual regulars, we´re glad we can share our skies with you and fly together.
Take in consideration that conditions at area can become very strong and only manageable by experienced pilots during the dry season (November-May) specially between 12:00 hrs and 16:00 hrs. That is why during the Season (November – February) we strongly encourage pilots to hire a registered guide, we will give those who do that a 30% discount.
DECLARATION OF RELEASE OF CIVIL LIABILITY AND MANIFESTATION OF ASSUMED RISK
By accepting the use of the facilities of the free flight area known as “El Peñón” in the Municipality of Temacaltepec, State of Mexico, I recognize, accept, agree and agree that I am of legal age and of my own free will, I declare to be in good health and not suffer any psychological, cardiac or motor disability, manifest not being pregnant (in case of being a woman)
Not being under the influence of any drug or drunk at the time of performing sports activities and that I am an accredited athlete to practice the sport of paragliding and / or hang gliding (as the case may be). Likewise, based on the provisions of articles 6, 7, 1910 and 1913 of the Federal Civil Code and articles 1.3, 1.4, 7.145, 7.147 of the Civil Code of the State of Mexico, I declare to know and assume the risks involved in my participation on the paragliding and / or hang gliding flight (as the case may be), likewise in this act LIBERO AND EXONERO to the Free Flight Club El Peñón, AC, as well as its officials and associates, and any of its affiliates, pilots, instructors, directors, employees and agents (each, a “Person Released”), of any responsibility in case of suffering an accident, injury or damage, including loss of life due to my participation in paragliding and / or hang gliding (as the case may be). For the above voluntarily WAIVER OF ANY CLAIM OR ACTION that may correspond to me or my heirs against any Person Released in connection with my participation in the paragliding or hang gliding flight (as the case may be).
For the foregoing, within the limits allowed by law, I expressly agree to WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO EXERCISE CIVIL RESPONSIBILITY ACTIONS against any Person Released for any civil liability that occurs in relation to the paragliding or hang gliding flight (as applicable the case), so I expressly renounce any damages, even if they are caused by any Person Released, in relation to the paragliding or hang gliding flight (as the case may be)
Additionally I acknowledge and expressly accept that paragliding or hang gliding (as the case may be) is a risky activity and dependent on favorable weather and safety conditions, so that paragliding or hang gliding (as the case may be) may be banned by the Free Flight Club El Peñon, AC in its sole discretion, of considering that there are adverse weather or safety conditions to the activity to be carried out; without this constituting a breach of its functions
Additionally, I acknowledge that I have been informed that in the event of an accident the Free Flight Club El Peñon, A.C. It does not count, does not pay, does not have, nor it is obliged to have any medical expenses insurance, so I recognize that it is my obligation to bear all the corresponding medical expenses if necessary.
This unilateral declaration will be governed by the laws of the State of Mexico and I expressly submit to the jurisdiction of the Competent Courts of Valle de Bravo, State of Mexico, expressly waiving any other jurisdiction by reason of my domicile or by any other.
All pilots flying using the Club facilities must know and respect the following flight rules:
1. Responsibility. Each pilot is responsible for their own Flight. See the declaration of civil liability release and risk statement assumed at www.clubpenon.org/responsibility.
2. Essential equipment. All pilots must fly with certified equipment, including at least one parachute, helmet, and a VHF radio. The use of a GPS tracker is recommended.
3. Red tails. Pilots P1 / H1 and P2 / H2 or equivalent must always fly with a red ribbon that allows them to be distinguished on the flight. P1 / H1 or equivalent pilots must fly under the visual and radio supervision of an instructor from one of the Authorized Schools who can assist them in take-off, flight and landing. P2 / H2 pilots or equivalent must fly under the visual and radio supervision of an instructor who can assist them in take-off and flight.
4. Turning in Thermal. In the nones days the turn in the thermal is to the LEFT (days 1,3,5,7 etc.). On even days the thermal turn is RIGHT (days 2,4,6,8 etc.). This rule applies in the flight zone with more traffic than is between the takeoff, the hangar and the Peñon. In any other area, the pilot who first reaches the therma will mark the direction of the turn. The pilot who is higher must take care of the one below. The pilot who is down and going up has preference.
5. Traffic Rules. Standard traffic rules apply. See Fig 1.
- 5.1 Golden rule Always stay alert and it doesn´t matter who has the preference, if we have the possibility to react and avoid a collision, do it. Preference must be respected, but not required.
- 5.2 The pilot who has the slope on his right side has the preference.
- 5.3 We must give way to any pilot who is looking to get away from the slope.
- 5.4.We must try to keep a distance of 5 meters between gliders, 10 meters if they are red tails.
- 5.5. It can be passed on any side, as long as you respect a safe distance so that the pilot in front can see you if he tries to make a turn. Do not pass too close to another pilot.
- 5.6.When two pilots face each other at risk of collision, both must open to the right.
6. Landing on the Piano. The standard "U" or "Drawer" approach applies to Piano Landing. See Fig 2.
7. Designated VHF frequencies. Each of the authorized schools and guides notified the Club of a VHF frequency they prefer. In the case of schools it is:
Alas del Hombre. 145.800
Vuelo Libre México. 145.500
8. Emergencies. Every Pilot must know the Emergency Protocol www.clubpenon.org/emergencias. During the Season there will be a Rescue and Operation Coordinator who can assist any pilot that requires it, Horacio Pérez Benuet is responsible for this work, its number is 722 354 3810 and the radio frequency designated for emergency care is 145,000 . There is a recovery recovery fee:
Chichis and surroundings $2000
Peñon, Paredes, GSpot. $3000
Laguna negra, Tres Reyes. $5000
All club members with a current fee are entitled to a one-year rescue exempt from the recovery fee . A rescue team independent of the Club, Lanza Tips, operates in the area, with which each of the pilots who require it must negotiate the price and conditions directly. The contact number is 722 3574122 and the prices offered by rescue are approximately:
Chichis and surroundings $4500
Peñon, Paredes, GSpot. $7500
Laguna negra, Tres Reyes. $9500
Aditional equipment rescue $2500
9. Restricted flight zones. Avoid landing on private property, all pilots are required to know the map of the area with the description of areas or areas of danger, flight prohibited and suggested for landings. www.clubpenon.org/lazona
10. Respect. On the flight in general, but in all the facilities of the Club in particular, respect among the other pilots must be kept. Not respecting the rules of flight or use of the facilities is disrespectful to all. The Board of Directors will receive complaints of serious or repeated offenses and may suspend the offender and / or propose their expulsion to the Assembly.